If you need to convert CSV files to Excel spreadsheet formats XLSX (Excel versions 2007-2019) or XLS (Excel versions 97-2003) using the command line or batch files, FileSculptor is the tool for the job. With FileSculptor you can convert files even if the machine doesn’t have Excel installed, because it does not use Excel to do the conversion.
FileSculptor comes with a visual interface to create and run conversion projects. After the project is created, you can use the command line executable FSRUN to run the conversion from a batch file or to create a scheduled task.
- Convert between file formats CSV, XML, XLS and XLSX
- Select and reorder fields
- Create calculated fields
- Create an icon on the desktop for one click conversion
- Automatically convert files using scheduled tasks
- Run file conversion tasks on a server moving processed files to another folder
- Additional utility to convert files from DOS command prompt or batch files
Import one or more source files in the formats CSV, XML, XLS or XLSX. Preview the content of the data to be converted on a grid
Create calculated fields based on fields from the source files
Configure calculated fields using functions and logical expressions
Export the converted data creating or appending to the destination file in CSV, XLS or XLSX formats
The FSRUN utility brings support for command-line operations, using the same conversion projects created by FileSculptor. You can use it in BATCH files or schedule jobs in Windows to convert files frequently